**This post will be updated as our submission openings change. Please check here before contacting us directly.
June, 2018 We are currently accepting submissions for all fiction genres. We will consider non-fiction manuscripts with a complete outline and cover letter. See below for submission guidelines.
- Blysster Press prefers Open Office documents (.odt), but we will accept .doc, formatted .rtf, and .pdf files as well.
- Please be sure your work is as polished as you can make it. We do not expect perfection, but if you can’t be bothered to spell-check your work, we can’t be bothered to read it.
- Send a query/cover letter introducing yourself–we want to know about you! Name, age, where you live, and why you think we should publish your story.
- Send a brief synopsis of 1 – 3 pages. We know these are hard to write, so don’t stress too much, just do your best to sum up your story, including a beginning, middle, and end. YES, you have to tell us how it ends.
- Please format your manuscript to 5X8 (5 inches wide by 8 inches high) with .5 (half inch) margins all around, fully justified. Use 12 – 14 pt. font. If you need help with this, don’t hesitate to contact us. We WANT to read your story, so we’re happy to help you format properly.
- Feel free to download our simple submission template here. It’s a .odt, so be sure you have Open Office installed (it’s FREE!) This is the easiest way to be sure your submission is at least close to our submission guidelines.
- You may send us the first three chapters or up to 20 pages of your manuscript when you send your query/cover letter.
If you’re ready, use the form below. Once you submit the form, you will be brought back to this page; don’t worry, we got the form!