**This post will be updated as our submission openings change. Please check here before contacting us directly.
4/20/16 We are currently accepting submissions for all fiction genres. We will consider non-fiction manuscripts with a complete outline and cover letter. See below for submission guidelines.
- Blysster Press prefers Open Office documents (.odt), but we will accept .doc, formatted .rtf, and .pdf files as well.
- Please be sure your work is as polished as you can make it. We do not expect perfection, but if you can’t be bothered to spell-check your work, we can’t be bothered to read it.
- Send a query/cover letter introducing yourself–we want to know about you! Name, age, where you live, and why you think we should publish your story.
- Send a brief synopsis of 1 – 3 pages. We know these are hard to write, so don’t stress too much, just do your best to sum up your story, including a beginning, middle, and end. YES, you have to tell us how it ends.
- Please format your manuscript to 5X8 (5 inches wide by 8 inches high) with .5 (half inch) margins all around, fully justified. Use 12 – 14 pt. font. If you need help with this, don’t hesitate to contact us. We WANT to read your story, so we’re happy to help you format properly.
- Feel free to download our simple submission template here. It’s a .odt, so be sure you have Open Office installed (it’s FREE!) This is the easiest way to be sure your submission is at least close to our submission guidelines.
- You may send us the first three chapters or up to 20 pages of your manuscript when you send your query/cover letter.
If you’re ready, use the form below. Once you submit the form, you will be brought back to this page; don’t worry, we got the form!